Tuesday, March 1, 2016

ICE Reinvented

The younger generation is so much more in tuned with technology.  I love being corrected by my grandkids.  And I am sharing this bit of information with you.

Several weeks ago, I talked about ICE – In Case of Emergency.  With a locked phone, the ICE listings are not available to first responders—or so I thought. On most cell phones there is a place to push for emergencies.  This will get you to a screen to make a call or to go to the Medical ID app.  Silly me thought the “emergency” would automatically call 911.  My granddaughter informed me that it wouldn’t and that I should complete the Medical ID app which would contain Emergency Contacts, prescriptions I take and any pertinent medical information I want to include on the app.  The app also asks if I am an organ donor.  How cool is that?  And how many people who have a cell phone never read the instruction manual to learn about all the neat things the phone can do.  Yes, I am one of those people.  Check out the Health App on the iPhone and look for the Medical ID tab.


If you learned something new, please let me know.  My goal is to educate the important people in my life and that’s YOU.  And please share this information.  

No comments:

Post a Comment