Tuesday, January 12, 2016

ICE - Not the Frozen Kind

ICE = In Case of Emergency. 

Several years ago I heard a news story about adding an ICE listing to the contact list in my cell phone.  This simple addition can designate a contact to be called- in case of emergency, that is, in the event I am unable to communicate to first responders.  Thanks to Bob Brotchie, a British paramedic, this opportunity to locate a family member or friend for an unresponsive individual is made easier because first responders are supposed to look for the ICE contact.  That is, if your phone does not have a passcode!!

I did not have a passcode for my old phone.  Since I now have grandkids who love playing with phones, I have installed a passcode.  However, I am recommending the use of ICE listings for those who do not have a passcode for their cell phone.  Just another way to be a responsible adult.

You can read about ICE in Wikipedia….en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency.

Have you ever needed the ICE contact?  Share your experience below.

Photo: Jonas Tana


No comments:

Post a Comment