Tuesday, January 22, 2019

An Organizing Hiatus


I have been working on downsizing my photo collection for about a year.  What I thought would be a 6 month project is, well, much more involved that I imagined.  I think I am about half way and other, more pressing projects are coming up so back on the shelf go the albums and boxes that have been sitting on my work station. 

What has taken so long is the memories the pictures hold.  So I stop and remember and the time flies by.  I have managed to scan photos and old film and have the film transferred to DVD.  I even learned how to make copies so each of my kids will have one.  The photos have been uploaded to photo books and as I write this, I am waiting for slides that I found to be scanned.  These will also be uploaded and described in book form.  My kids will not know the people in the pictures unless I tell them.  They will not know me as a young woman and my grandkids will certainly not know the brown haired girl in the photos as their gray-haired grandmother. 

Reviewing the photos has rekindled my interest in genealogy.  While there’s tons of information available- many resources for free- the search takes an inordinate amount of time. 

If anyone in cyberspace is working on similar projects, let us know how you are faring.  We are works in progress no matter what our age.

No comments:

Post a Comment